Send me a message to let me know that you would like to commission a painting either via this website or through Facebook. Choose your favourite photos and post or email them to me - please see my notes on Photo Requirements for a Portrait or contact me to arrange a photo shoot - please see Photographic Services.
Once I have received your reference photos, and your deposit, I will take a good look through them and, if I think they will be suitable to work from, I will contact you to discuss your requirements. Don’t forget to let me know your details and your subject’s name! Also let me know if the painting is going to be a surprise so that I leave contact up to you and don’t spoil it by speaking to the recipient!
There are several things that I will need to know from you such as:-
- Do you have a specific deadline?
- What size would you like the painting to be before frame? (Paintings are priced by size and number of subjects so have you a budget with regards to this?)
- What medium you would prefer you painting or drawing to be done in e.g acrylics, oils, pencil, charcoal etc?
- Would you like a background or a plain setting?
- Will you want the finished piece framed and, if so, what type i.e. traditional or more contemporary? Are you happy for me to choose the frame best suited to the painting or have you something specific in mind? Or would you prefer it just to be mounted so that you can arrange your own framing?
- Do you have any special requests such as the subject’s name on the painting or on a brass plaque on the frame?
- Are you going to collect the painting (necessary if it is to be framed with glass), or have it posted?
If you want me to help you I will be happy to give you the benefit of my experience and guide you with regards to what I think would make the best painting with regards to your photos and which media would suit the best.
After we have had a chat, and I am happy that I know the sort of thing you are looking for, I will add you to my waiting list. I work on a first come first served basis so please keep this in mind if you have a tight deadline. I will do my best to accommodate you but it may not always be possible. (Please see my Gift Voucher option if you think there may not be enough time).
I will send you a message (unless you request that I don’t contact you) when I get started on your painting so that you know progress is being made. I may post progress pictures as your painting develops on my website so if you would rather not see them either let me know or don’t peek! Some client’s prefer to wait to see the painting when it is finished as it's a nice surprise for them too - makes it more exciting!
When your painting is completed I will contact you to let you know it is ready for collection. If you are having the painting posted I can send you an email picture of the finished work for approval and, if you are happy with it, I will post the painting to you on receipt of the outstanding balance plus P & P. I will send the painting to you via Special Delivery (or Parcel Force for larger or worldwide delivery) because of its value so it will need to be signed for.
If you have any more questions please contact me and I will try and help. I look forward to hearing from you.